Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Experiencing Uncomfortable Dryness?


My dad is an avid blogger. He suggested that I comment on more blogs as a way to drive traffic to mine. Great idea. OK, so I tried to Google blogs that I thought would be interesting and related.

Search #1 was "women starting businesses." The responses were: microgrants; $5K grants; federal grants; don't bother starting a business if you're a woman in Saudi Arabia [really? that was somehow a mystery to someone?]; and contemporary UK feminism.

Search #2 was "funny women in business." Here's what I got: behind the scenes at American Idol; the Winnipeg Harvest [a laugh riot, I've heard]; and Popgadget personal technology for women.

Search #3 was "anything not boring about women." Results: wrestling forum [certainly interesting]; cricket; and, my personal favorite, Ask a Cougar - Why Younger Men Prefer Older Women.

Why oh why are all these blogs so freaking boring and dry? Why isn't there a blog that talks about the funny parts of being a woman in business?

2 comments:

  1. “Creative ideas flourish best in a shop which preserves some spirit of fun. Nobody is in business for fun, but that does not mean there cannot be fun in business.” -Leo Burnett

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't need to just post to blogs in your field. Post to many blogs. Serendipity is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete